The Reference turntable employs a low-speed, recoil start synchronous motor on a single spring mounting driving the platter via a neoprene belt, thereby providing complete vibration insulation. The main bearing is manufactured from high-grade aluminum with two pressed fit P.T.F.E bushes at either end of the housing ensuring minimum contact with the bearing spindle, which it self comprises of a silver steel shaft and aluminum hub running on to a ceramic ball bearing. Platter speed is determined by the a.c mains frequency, which is effectively constant. Speed changing is accomplished by moving the drive belt from one motor pulley to the other. On/off switching is by means of a small toggle switch on the motor assembly.
- Platter 305mm diameter machined from a solid billet of aluminum, finish is matt black and fitted with six aluminum inertia platter weights. The record is supported on neoprene pads, thereby reducing rumble and induced static to an absolute minimum. Optional polished brass inertia platter weights (shown)
- Plinth 20 mm clear acrylic.
- Isolation Feet Adjustable aluminum isolation feet with cork/rubber pads
- Lid Clear acrylic
- Main bearing Slim sectioned ball-ended ground and polished silver steel spindle running onto a ceramic ball bearing and hardened steel thrust plate.
- Motor Single-phase synchronous, recoil start.
- Tonearm Origin Live Onyx
- Power requirement 115vac or 240vac, single-phase, 50 Hz or 60Hz.
- Speeds 33.3 and 45 r.p.m.
- Width 440 mm
- Depth (lid closed) 420 mm
- Depth (lid open) 520 mm
- Height (lid closed) 160 mm
- Height (lid open) 500 mm